Fall is almost officially here, are you ready? While some people are sad to say goodbye to summer, if you're a carrier or wrap fanatic, you know this is optimal babywearing weather. Sure, we wear our babies year-round, but something about that crisp weather, walking through crunchy leaves with a pumpkin spice latte in one hand and another hand on your baby's back as they're pressed against your body in your fave carrier makes this season extra special.
Wave adieu to shorts and hello to jeans, boots, sweaters, and beanies! Below are our top five must-haves for babywearing in the fall.
Top Five Must Haves For Fall Babywearing
1. Baby Beanies/Knit Hats: Keep your little one's head warm while you frolic through pumpkin patches and take your family apple picking. You don't have to know how to knit- there are an endless supply of beautiful, whimsical beanies on sites like Etsy. We adore this one from AlasKidsAndFriends.
2. Baby Leggings: Keeping your baby or toddler's legs warm while babywearing in cool weather can feel like a full-time job. Pants that fit when they're standing or lying down may leave their lower legs and calves exposed on they're in a carrier. Avoid the dreaded "ride up" with long leggings! These ones from StarlightStich nailed it.
"The waist and the leg cuffs roll up or down to fit your baby as they grow. They even have an added "cute" factor! These pants have an awesome circle bum that fits PERFECTLY over your baby's big fluff bum from cloth diapers! This makes Maxaloones the perfect pants for any cloth diapering family and just as adorable for those that don't cloth diaper. They are also AMAZING for babywearing because when their pant legs ride up, just roll the cuff down."
"(The Boba) Vest allows me to wear my coat and not look silly while keeping us warm and actually looks perfect together. It fits right over the carrier and has the ability to be used in front or back carrying. I adore the front tube pocket that keeps my hands nice and toasty! It’s extremely easy to put on by just putting of your head, then baby’s head, and then you just zip up the side zipper. Happy Baby, Happy Mama."
4. Warm Fall Sweater: Would fall really be fall without this wardrobe staple? You don't have to be a fashion slave or spend a boatload of money to get your hands on one. Visit your local thrift shop this weekend and start hunting! Find one that is thick enough to keep your warm but wears comfortably with your baby wrap or carrier. Look for natural materials that will feel cozy against your little one's skin.
5. The Boba Hoodie: We posted this photo on our Facebook page recently and over a thousand of you Liked it!
Tales of a Mountain Mama cracked us up with her review.
What I love about the Hoodie:
"– Lightweight material that is super soft. It’s a great weight for layering and for wearing on its own in cooler temperatures.
– Hand pocket area includes zippered pockets on each side that can be used for front or back carries AND access to the carrier (to the side of that pocket) for easy adjustment or checking on of baby
– Thumb holes for easier layering
– Really does work for both front and back carries. However, the kids think that the hood (AKA cowl neck) is absolutely hilarious and should be worn like this:
The Boba Hoodie can be found here: http://www.boba.com/store/boba-hoodie/
If your size or color is sold out, please know that we're working on it.
Have a wonderful fall, everyone!
- Tags: baby-wrap